Saturday, November 13, 2010

craft show, music show, sob story, happily ever after

I gave the whole craft show thing a try.  And to sum it up, well, bust would be the best word.  I sold a few things, but not enough to make it worth it.  But in order to make lemonade out of lemons, it was a nice change of pace.  I spent the whole day snuggling my baby girl, and my mom came and hung out with us too.  Kamdyn was such a show stopper.  Everyone that walked by, slowed down to look at her.  They said she is sweet, adorable, beautiful, a baby doll.  Oh, if they only knew how right they are.  I got to see an old friend and introduce her to Kamdyn.  I got to tell her how amazing she is, how good she is, how much we adore her.  I love bragging on her.  I love being her mommy.  If I had a dollar for every time someone asked how much the baby would cost than I would have brought in some serious dough.  But I'll take my few bucks that I made and a day with my girl, and store it in  that good old shelf of memories and keep on truckin'. 

Madison and Austin started their own little music class.  They give Kamdyn the guitar, Madison plays the xylophone, and Austin has the tambourine.  All assigned by Madison, of course.  But, hey, it makes sense.  The guitar has the easy buttons so Kamdyn can push them.  Madison can methodically tap a pretty tune on that xylophone, in a way only a true perfectionist can do.  And Austin can bang away on that busted up tambourine.  And they just play away.  I think it's pretty cool that they came up with this idea on their own, because Kamdyn loves music. 









Justus and Madison brought Kamdyn in while Austin and I were reading a story.


 Kamdyn doesn't cry much, so it breaks our hearts when her lip gets pouty, her eyes get red, and real tears well up.  Austin wanted to hold her to make her feel better, but it didn't quite do the trick. 


There it is.  Austin's classic head hug.

But once momma gets her and snuggles her close to my heart, she's all better.  Oh, I love it.  My heart melts and smiles that my girl knows all is well in her mommas arms. 


And then, she's all smiles.




And we live happily ever after.
 

Because when you have all this, there's no other way to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment