Wednesday, November 17, 2010

tales of motherhood

So apparently...............................

my little lady bug has very narrow



............................................ear canals.


and very narrow





.........................................nasal passages.





Because she has only had this runny nose for a few days, and she already has her first ear infection.



Hopefully, this won't be a trend of things to come.  There was a time when Austin was a baby, that we couldn't go two weeks without an ear infection.  Even after tubes, poor little guy just kept getting them.


Madison is feeling much better after her bout with bronchitis.  She's back to her normal self, dressing up, sitting in the cabinet, and playing with tools.  huh?



Today was one of those days that our life could be a sitcom.  Since Kamdyn woke up with a fever, we got ready and rushed out the door to go pick up some motrin so we could make it to our doctor's appointment on time. Let's just sum up the doctor's appointment with:

tv in waiting room, thank you very much for that
run to the bathroom
ooooh, lollipops
ok, that worked for 2 minutes
strain to hear
smack in the head
crying
book flying across room
my very red face
we are so not getting stickers
more crying

I can hear my friend Jodi now if she reads this:  Why didn't you bring them over?  I would have watched them.  So, Jodi, if you're reading this.  I would have if I wasn't in such a rush to go pick up the motrin that I could have just waited to get afterwards.  Live and learn, I guess.

 So it was poor planning on my part, because we were back to the store after the appointment to pick up Kamdyn's antibiotic.  So Wal-Mart was graced with our presence twice.  And that can pretty much be summed up with:

wait in line
prescription not ready
30 minutes
subway in Wal-Mart
getting baby food
hear blood curdling scream
mad dash to next aisle
lemonade spilled on floor
hysterics
Are you serious?
refill
get prescription
get out of there

And some days, that's just how it goes.  There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment