Sunday, January 30, 2011

20 truths and no lies

I saw this on another blog that I follow, and I thought I would try it.  So here goes:

* I heard the name Madison on the radio, and immediately knew that would be our daughter's name (even if Brad disagreed hehe).  Brad picked Austin's name, and it took me months to agree to it, but I love it now.  We agreed instantly on Kamdyn's name, with no discussion or any other options.  If she had been a boy, her name would have been Camden.

* The only time I've ever really hit someone was when I punched my brother in the face when we were little.  I've decided since that I'd rather use the pacifist approach to conflict.

* I don't like other people's feet, unless it's my kid's feet.  Theirs are still cute.

* I tried alcohol and cigarettes once, and came to the conclusion that it's just not worth it.  If you don't play around with it, there's no chance you'll become addicted to it.  And as my preacher says, "I've had all I wanted to drink today."  Which, in case you didn't know, is none.  It's a lot easier to decide these things when you see someone you love destroyed by addiction.

*  The first time I shaved my legs, I used a dry razor, because my mom didn't want me to do it yet.  I could have used the instruction, because it really hurt.

*  Brad and I met through my best friend's sister's baby mama.  That's right, we could be on a Jerry Springer episode.  Well, we really couldn't, because we are far from that.  We're pretty much one big happy family.

*  In high school and college, I always said I wanted to have 12 kids.  Well, although I wouldn't mind, it's just not going to happen.

*  Growing up, I lived and breathed soccer.  My senior year of high school, I was an all-county, all-state recognized player.  My team also won the 4-A Maryland state championship.  Yeah, Lady Owls!

*  Now, I would much rather see my kids serve Jesus and love him with all their heart than see them score one soccer goal.  But I really hope that they do both ; )

*  I was so shy as a kid that people described me as "that girl who always walks with head down and her hair covering her face".  Since then, I've learned that I am loved, and I am worth it.

*  I hated school as a kid.  I begged to be home-schooled by my single-working mother mom.

*  I loved college.   I went to a militantly strict Christian college in Pensacola, FL.  I wouldn't trade that experience for anything, even those 25 demerits I got for wearing a tankini.

*  I was nervous around people with disabilities until I had Kamdyn.

*  I have never tried brussel sprouts, and I am totally OK with it.

*  I love the movie Casablanca.

*  In the 5 years that Brad and I have been married, we have had a cat, a mouse, a hamster, fish, a baby turtle, and our dog, Ubu.  It has taken us having all these animals to realize that we are not the best animal people. 

*  I was such a tom-boy growing up that I secretly pushed girlyness on Madison, because I wanted to enjoy some girlyness for a change.  Lucky for me, she welcomed it with opened arms and is the biggest pink loving, princess wanna be that I have ever seen.

* I have an addictive personality, which is why I was connected to the hip with best friends growing up.  They were my drug of choice.  I guess it beats the alternative.

*  Brad and I became best friends before we got married.  We layed on bean bag chairs and played Bust a move on the Sega Saturn before we ever had a romantic date.  Our first outings together were spent visiting kids on Saturday mornings to try to get them to ride a bus to church on Sunday. 

*  I think my life is so much better now that Kamdyn is in it.  Something was missing before April 27, 2010.  I think it may have been a chromosome missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment