Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spread the Word to End the Word Day

There's a little word that has taken on new meaning in our lives in the last 10 months. 

That word is..................

retard.

Such a little word.  A word that rolls flipantly off the tongues of many, one of whom I was among not too long ago.

But after Kamdyn was born, and I thought, really thought about that word, and what it means to me, I realized that word is more than I ever thought.   That little word is a proverbial thumb holding its pressure down on the lives of many, pushing them down, pushing them back.  It tells them they can't, because they have a disability.  It tells them they will not, because they have a disability.

If you would like to look into her face..........................

..............................and tell her that she CAN, than lets join together and stop using a word of can'ts.

1 comment:

  1. I love looking into that face and want to kiss that button nose!

    ReplyDelete