Kamdyn was created with 47 chromosomes, and every one of them is perfect and beautiful. It took me some time to truly embrace that beauty and perfection, but it was always there. It was my imperfect and limited mind that struggled to see it. Down Syndrome is not who Kamdyn is, but it is a part of her. And it is a part of me now, and I embrace that part of me.
For me, I had to come to a place where it didn't matter where it came from or what caused it, because I knew whose hand designed it.
Now, those feelings of almost of a year ago are a memory, a part of our story. Today, I am grateful. I am humbled. For the first time in my life, I feel a sense of completion that I have never felt.
Next week is going to be a busy whirlwind as birthday party plans come together, baking is done, and family comes. I cannot wait to celebrate Kamdyn's birthday with everyone who loves her and has supported us over this past year.
Happy Friday!!





No comments:
Post a Comment