The idea of marriage was always so foreign to me. My parents were divorced when I was a little girl, and everyone I knew who had been married was either divorced or seemed miserable. It was scary to me, and didn't know if it really worked. I never dreamed of my wedding or imagined the dress I would wear. I was so scared of the thought of that kind of commitment that when my mom mentioned that she thought Brad and I would get married if we continued to date until I graduated from college, I pretty much freaked out. And I broke up with Brad. When I couldn't even go 24 hours without talking to him, I knew I wouldn't be able to live without him. And when he still said that he loved me, and he would wait, I knew that he would be there for me no matter what. I was used to being told one thing, only to be disappointed, but Brad was different. When he said something, he meant it.
After I graduated from Pensacola Christian College in May 2004, his family took me to Disney Worldfor the first time in my life. Talk about a dream come true. On a ferry boat with the Magic Kingdom in the background, Brad asked me if I would marry him. We had mentioned it here and there, but I was completely shocked. I could hardly even say my "Yes", but I did.
This was the first dress that I tried on, and I thought it was too much at first. I thought I wanted something plain and simple, but after trying on a few others, I knew this was it.
Here's my family. We hadn't all been in a picture together since I was probably 6 or 7 years old.
My brothers................
Our wedding party, which included our brothers, my college room mates, and my best friend, who was the reason that Brad and I met.
I also had the advantage of seeing how wonderful of a father Brad was before we ever had children, because I saw how he was with Justus. He has always been a great dad and still is.
So the day after our anniversary and on Father's Day, I love you honey. I know I've told you so many times, but you are my best friend and my soul mate. I thank God for bringing us together.
Just a little side note: Happy Father's Day to my mom. Mom, you know that you were everything. You were my mom, dad, best friend, biggest cheer leader. You are the first one that I think of when I think of this day. I love you.
That's really lovely... YAY for your mom!
ReplyDeleteps. Your eyebrows are gorgeous - the kind I always wanted for my own...