I've never been a race fan, but being at one is really cool, for a lack of better adult words. The energy is electric, the excitement is overpowering, and the noise is deafening adrenaline. So like I said, it was really cool.
She's not looking too sure about this whole metro thing.
We got there around 11:30, and we walked around a little, but they weren't starting yet. Since the city is blocked off with barriers for the race, we had to walk around them to get to the Harbor Place.
I joke about Baltimore, but the Harbor Place is beautiful. It's the diamond in the rough, I guess.
She either wasn't that impressed, or it was morning nap time.
Then, we went to Phillips for lunch. (Thanks, Nan Nan. Love you.) It was certainly a step up from our usual cuisine. I had pasta with shrimp. Brad had a crab cake. The kids had................pizza. They'll learn one day.
When everyone was finished eating, and we were just sitting at the table, we heard the whizzing of the cars start. We ended up finding a balcony that overlooked one of the turns on the track, and we camped out there for a while and watched.
Well, Austin watched. And he pretty much sat there like this and watched the whole time we were there, while Madison lay down in the stroller. Hey, not everyone can be a race fan.
All in all, we had a great day in "Charm City". Not sure why they call it that. I could think of a lot of other names. But there I go again.
Lots of good memories from the day:
- First metro for the kids
- First time seeing race cars for the kids
- Walking around the inner harbor
- Eating lunch in a place with a cloth napkin. That's big stuff there.
- And last but certainly not least, Madison having her first talk about why you shouldn't stare or answer back when the crazy man on the metro sitting next to Mommy is talking/yelling to himself. Especially, don't ask, "What did he say?" when Mommy is giving you the evil eye and mouthing shhhh to you. Oh, the memories.













Oh, actually that looks like fun! We were thinking about going to Baltimore yesterday to Port Discovery, but I heard about the race and that a lot of the roads were closed off, so we changed our minds and went to the aquarium in DC instead. Glad you had a good time!
ReplyDelete