Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 for 21, Day 13: I'm glad I have a child with Down syndrome because.....

When Kamdyn was born, I was so afraid of our life changing because of her diagnosis of Down syndrome.  I was terrified of what her diagnosis would do to our family and our lives.  I guess I thought that our lives would be consumed by Down syndrome, and I would hate it. 

I do think our lives have changed, but every change has.....................



made us better. 



I have cried.  I have laughed.  I have begged.  I have pleaded.  I have been grateful, truly grateful.  I have seen miracles.  I have embraced the little things.  I have been more fulfilled.  I have felt more meaning.  I have had faith.

So has Down syndrome changed me?  No, but Kamdyn has.  Her life is the one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. 


I do think that having Kamdyn makes our family "different", whatever that word means.  We get to have this opportunity and experience that not many other people get to have, and I wouldn't change it. 




I'm grateful that my children will grow up with Kamdyn, and I know they will be better people for it.  I'm glad that our eyes have been opened to a new perspective on life, what really matters, and what love really is.

4 comments:

  1. I know I've said this before....but she is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad my boys will grow up with Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, look how big and beautiful Kamdyn has gotten! Its been a while since I checked in, apparently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that post! There are no other words that even need to be said. Love it!

    ReplyDelete