And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."
And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away
And that just didn't sit well with me. At that moment, I wanted Italy. I wanted Italy so badly it hurt. I cried for Italy. I longed to go back to the morning of April 27th, because when I woke up that morning, I was in Italy.
But, because I know that I am not the One planning my life. And because I know that my plan is not God's plan, I also knew that this IS where I was supposed to go. And the pain of that WILL go away, because I believe in a God who is bigger than that.
So here I am today, living in Italy.
We had our Buddy Walk today, and if I hadn't been up since 5:15 this morning, I would have uploaded pics and posted them. But. I. Am. Tired. It was a good one, though.


I couldn't agree more!
ReplyDeleteKelli @http://livinglifewithes.blogspot.com
The first time I read that poem, I thought to myself...why did I go to Holland...I really want Italy. I don't feel that way now but I felt that way the first day too!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of Kamdyn! Absolutely beautiful!
What a wonderful thing to say. I've often thought about those words at all. I cried buckets when I first read them, when my own pain was so fresh and acute too. But like you I feel that it will go away. I love that you have expressed that so well.
ReplyDeleteYou really do so much, Tricia. I'm so proud to call you MY friend! You inspire me :-) Jodi
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and charming girl!!! greeting from Chile
ReplyDelete