Maybe it's crazy, but in Maryland, we went trick-or-treating on Halloween. Is that crazy? I don't think so.
It's not so in our great state of Pennsylvania, or Pennsyltucky, as we like to call it. We're trick-or-treating tomorrow night, October 25th. So weird. I don't think I'll ever get used to it, but it does make it possible for us to trick-or-treat multiple times.
I finished their costumes. They love them. I love them. They'll be adorable. And here they are:
We have the cowgirl:
wearing these boots, in case you missed them:
The cowboy:
And the cow:
I found the cowboy vest on Pinterest, which led me to this awesome blog called Made. She had the pattern and step by step instructions with pictures to illustrate. I do not have a working sewing machine, so I only had to sew the very top piece for the vest, and everything else is fabric glued or hot glued. So easy. Even I can do it.
Here was Madison's as a work in progress:
The flower rhinestones are hot glued on, and the "M" button is from Hobby Lobby.
Austin's vest:
His Sheriff's badge was a souvenir from our Texas trip to the annual NDSC convention. Their bandanna's were from Hobby Lobby, and their boots were a gift.
And our cow. It started out as a pair of tights(WalMart), a long sleeve onesie(WalMart), a brown knit hat (Hobby Lobby), and some felt.
Cut and glue, and there you have it.
Happy Halloween, a little early. We're going trick-or-treating tomorrow!








Love the costumes!!! That is weird to go that early! When we lived in Columbus, it was never on a weekend night so we had odd trick or treat nights. Here, we always go on the 31st. Can't wait to see the pics!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteOh I so can't wait to see pics of her as a cow!!! I haven't even thought about putting together costumes and we're going out of town till Saturday...hmm, I don't win the crafty mom award this year!
ReplyDeleteI love them too! I love to make costumes too! :) Good job! Can't wait to see pics of them wearing them!
ReplyDelete