I know, it's because they want just a hint of sunshine too.
How do you light up that room with just a smile?
It must be your sunshine.
How do you make me so proud with each new discovery and each accomplishment?
You've helped me see all things as new.
How do you make me cry just by watching you do what you do?
I aspire to shine just a fraction of what you do, little sunshine girl.
How can one little body hold so much sunshine?
I don't know, but I'm glad you do. And I'm glad you're mine.
I love you, sunshine girl.
A while back, I saw someone pose the question: What is like living with someone with Down syndrome? And the person who responded, said, "It's like living with sunshine." I understood it at the time, but over the last 19 months, I have seen that to be more and more true. It doesn't mean that Kamdyn doesn't have temper tantrums or that she is always happy, or a perfect angel. But she is sunshine. And she is joy. I wrote this with that on my mind and some pictures from my favorite time of day, when the sun is warm, and the light makes everything is touches glow.
Happy Sunday : )







Beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! I've often found myself singing "You Are my Sunshine" to Ben. He just lights up my life!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely way to describe it, "living with sunshine" :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDelete