We were at Fort Pickens Beach on this day, and the water could not have been more beautiful, still, and clear, with only a soft roll of waves. Perfect day.
I was so glad that I brought that blue boat for Austin, because it entertained him for hours. He would set it down and let a wave carry it in, and then he would chase it and do it all over again. I'm also glad that I walked the 1/2 mile on the beach back to the spot where he left it once. It's all part of the job, right?
Like I said, perfect day.
Kamdyn found sea weed.
Kamdyn tasted some sea weed.
It's an acquired taste.
Attempt #1 with kite flying:
Fail.
Me rolling up the kite:
But still a beautiful day.
A little background on Madison's kite: We were in the car on our way to the beach shop to buy kites. Me: "Hey guys, we're going to buy some kites so we can fly them on the beach." Madison: "Ok, I want a heart kite!" Me: "Well, I'm not sure they will have any heart kites, but we'll see what they have." Enter store, find kite section. One heart kite. Enter beaming ray of light and angels singing. Ok, no, but it was pretty crazy.
Attempt #2 of kite flying: Success!
A couple of things I learned about kite flying:
- Austin likes kite flying long enough to take one picture.
- Madison likes kite flying long enough to take 4 pictures.
But I don't care, I'd do it again.
Easter morning before going to church at the Pensacola Christian College Campus Church:
Easter egg hunt ON THE BEACH after church. Can't beat that:
Counting how many.
Who won?
Eating sandy candy. One downfall of a beach Easter egg hunt. But once again, I don't care, I'd do it again.
Sweet big sister sharing her candy:
By the end of the trip, Kamdyn had started eating hand fulls of sand, and then making the above face as the granules gritted through her teeth. Ewwww : )
Perfect way to end a day.
And now for the thank you I mentioned. To everyone who commented on my last post, I just wanted to say thank you. It truly is an honor to be a part of a community like the one that Kamdyn has allowed us the opportunity to enter. Thank you all for your kind words and support. Sometimes, all you need is an "I get you", "I understand", because no one can change how they feel. You can only react to it and decide how you will respond. Sometimes there is no right answer, there is no explaining it away or rationalizing, and an understanding heart goes so much further. So thank you again.






































I can't think of a more beautiful place to spend Easter. All your pictures were stunning and it looks like everyone has such a fun time!
ReplyDeleteI love beach pictures...Looks like it was the perfect day.
ReplyDelete