Here's the run-down.....
Went to the Blue Angels practice
Bought ear plugs. Kids don't wear ear plugs.
It was loud, but not too loud.
It was awesome. Adrenaline rushing awesome.
They handed out flags. And do you know what I thought?
Please don't give my kid a flag. It will touch the ground, and I will be deemed the worst, most un-American mom in the United States.
The man says, "Make sure your flag doesn't touch the ground, or we'll have to take it away."
So do you know what my son does? That's right. Rubs his flag on the ground. Mother of the year award, right here people.
Went to the Naval Museum:
Took pictures with planes, because what else do you do?
In front of planes:
And if you're starting wonder, Where in the world is Kamdyn? Don't worry she's coming. There's just not too many exciting pictures that can be taken in a stroller.
Inside planes:
Oh wait, a space station:
and an astronaut:
The Naval Museum was fun. Going to a museum with kids is always interesting. I'm the kind of museum-goer who likes to browse and read and take my time, but when the kids are there that all goes out the window. It basically becomes museum speed walking, throwing out a few "Ooooh, look at that" as you pass it. But still fun and still a nice museum with a ton of stuff to do and look at, including a really cool playground for kids made out of old plane stuff.
Next stop:
That about sums it up. It's a lighthouse.
Then, my favorite. The beach.
Next up, Fort Pickens. It's an old military fort that was built on the coast of Pensacola. It's still standing, and there are many parts that you are still able to go into.
You'll be able to tell from these pictures, that I was on Austin duty. And being on Austin duty, we ended up ahead of the others. So after we explored an area of the fort, we went back out to an open courtyard and waited until the others came by. When we were in that area of the fort, I didn't see any way to pass through, so I thought that you had to go back where you came from and walk around. So Austin, Kamdyn in her stroller, and I waited..........
......and waited...........
but they never came back, so we walked back in and found the exit, only to meet back up to experience the Dangerous Wall Climbing Incident of 2012. It went a little something like this....."Mommy, Mommy, can I climb that wall?" Thinking she meant over the wall.................
"Sure, sure, go ahead." Not realizing, she, in fact, meant up the wall.............
With me screaming, "Don't move!" and "Go get her!", while my mom screamed "Take a picture!"
Didn't I tell you? Mother of the year.
And in case you were wondering, it turns out that canons that you can't climb on, aren't that cool.
Chillin' in the stroller.
I have a bunch more pictures, but I think this post is long enough, so I'll leave you on pins and needles, I'm sure.




































Looks like a great trip!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had an amazing vacation!!! Loved looking at all the pictures.....the beach ones are my favorite. (I think that's because I am yearning for a beach vacation. ) :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you and your family had a great vacation. I love all of the photos of the kiddos. Museum speed walking--that is my husband all the way.
ReplyDeleteYour museum style is just like mine but with Colin and now Ben we haven't even stepped foot into a museum since they've been born. We just stick with beaches and pools and everyone stays happy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments. We had a blast. Why can't life always be vacation ; )
ReplyDelete