Since Kamdyn was born, so many people have said, "God chose you because you are special." I do believe that God chose us to raise and care for this beautiful child. To guide her on her journey, love, and support her as much as we can. But I do not believe that there is anything special about me. If you knew the deepest recesses of my mind after I found out that she had Down syndrome, you would know, in fact, how not special I am. I am convinced that God gave her to me, rather, to fix me. To change my limited mind and broaden it. To show me what true love and faith really are. To trully teach me not to judge.
I know now that my Kamdyn is not the disabled one. But instead, I was. I'm not special, but she is.
We just found out that Kamdyn has a major heart defect that will probably require open heart surgery. I cannot even describe how terrified I am am at the thought of that. I have to remind myself that God loves her more than I do, and she is in His hands.
My other kids have been watching Aladdin a lot lately. If only I had a genie in a lamp, and i could wish this all away. But i don't. So instead i will pray for God to watch over her and protect her. And i know He will.
No comments:
Post a Comment