Kamdyn has been rockin' out at her therapy sessions lately. She is 3 months old now and reaching for toys- the same age that Madison and Austin were, by the way.
I'm so proud of her when she pops that head up and looks around.
I couldn't be more proud.
Its amazing how you can take things for granted. Holding their head up, following an object from side to side, rolling over-- those are all things I never gave a second thought to. Now every one is a triumph.
Sometimes she gets a little tuckered out and decides to take a break to suck her thumb. Which I just think is the most darling thing I've ever seen. Sucking her thumb is another triumph, by the way. Since you read so many times about how she might need a nurse to teach her how to get things to her mouth. So once again, "Kiss it!"
I couldn't be more proud.
The therapists are very impressed by how well she is pushing with her legs too. She draws her little legs toward her body and springs off with every bit of might she has.
Its amazing how you can take things for granted. Holding their head up, following an object from side to side, rolling over-- those are all things I never gave a second thought to. Now every one is a triumph.
When you read the books that tell you your baby probably won't sit up until she is 11 months old or walk until she's well past 2, your heart sinks a little.
So when she's rockin' out at her therapy I find myself on the inside, hollering out, "Kiss it, Down syndrome! You can't tell my girl what she can and can't do or when she will or will not do it!" We're not going to worry about what some book says.
Sometimes she gets a little tuckered out and decides to take a break to suck her thumb. Which I just think is the most darling thing I've ever seen. Sucking her thumb is another triumph, by the way. Since you read so many times about how she might need a nurse to teach her how to get things to her mouth. So once again, "Kiss it!"
But if she does decide that she needs more time to roll over or crawl or walk, that's ok too. Not because it's what some book says, but because she can go as fast or slow as she wants. And I'm just going to stand behind her and cheer her all the way no matter what.
I'm not negative about Down syndrome. I guess I just have a hard time hearing "what she can and can't do". Down syndrome is part of Kamdyn, and there is not even one part of her that I am not completely in love with and crazy about. I'm just going to do my best to give her every opportunity possible and encourage her to follow whatever dreams she has.
I had to read between the "happy tears" again. I am so proud of your love, strength, and determination...and of course Kamdyn's. There are no limits when God is in it. To Him goes all the praise and glory! Tricia, you are an amazing person. You are using the gifts God has given you to serve Him. The love of Jesus shines through you and Kamdyn and blesses all those around you.
ReplyDeleteTricia,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your mom shared this with me! You sure do have three beautiful children!!! You are so right to cherish these moments with them. I remember when my three were the ages of yours like it was yesterday, and in two weeks I will be taking my youngest to college!
Love,
Aunt Mary Lou