So, I am trying to remind myself of the quickly approaching change of seasons which will eventually bring bitter cold weather that will keep us indoor bound for many months. I try to keep that in mind and enjoy outdoor activities. Austin is so full of energy, which can easily turn to mischief. We really need outdoor, strenuous activities to get his energy out. He needs more one on one attention right now.
He would only skate if I was holding his hand.
Thus, the pouty arm fold, because I wanted a picture.
We are at that fine two year old threshold right now. You know, where there's a disgruntled pout and arm folding waiting to happen if things don't go just right. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I just laugh when I should be correcting. Sometimes the art of distraction works just as well.
Despite our current change in income and other repercussions, I am excited about the turn of our life. I was talking to someone about home schooling tonight. It's funny how I can teach other people's kids with no problem, but I doubt my ability when it comes to my own. Who better to teach them than the person who loves them more than anyone else, me. I couldn't help but cry when I told this friend about how I would sit in the quietness of my van, on the way to school in the morning, and pray to God that He would find some way for me to be with my kids. For me to home school them. I knew that if it was going to happen, God was going to have to do something. Well, I'd say He did, alright. So here I am. Just loving it.
And here's a Daddy loving him some sweet, little, precious baby.
And a baby loving her some Daddy.
I've gotten some sweet smiles over the last couple of days. Each day, the work to get them is less and less. To see my baby smile, Oh, what bliss. To see her happy heart shine through on the outside. I wonder if she knows how much she is loved. I bet she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment