Thursday, August 12, 2010

If at first you don't succeed, be patient.

In many cases in life you can claim the old saying, If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. You should not, however, follow that saying in some instances, such as lighting a propane grill.  Tonight, while preparing my birthday dinner of shrimp, steak on the grill, macaroni and cheese, and corn, I learned that little lesson.  The first attempt to light the grill was a failure, so I turned everything off and opened the lid to let it air out.  Upon the second attempt, the grill was still resisting.  I kept pushing the ignite button even though I thought better of it.  One last hit and poof, the lid flew up, fire reached out of the grill, and singed the hair right off my right arm.
Lesson learned:  Sometimes patience is better than persistence.

(photo from Kelle Hampton's blog: Enjoying the Small Things)
Thought this picture was cute.


And speaking of cute, here is some cute thumb sucky pictures.











And some cute kids.

Kamdyn has a cardiologist appointment tomorrow morning.  I'm not nearly as nervous as I have been for others.   Walking into other appointments, I was cold, scared, and had a stomach churning with anxiety.  I guess I've had time to settle into the idea now, and I'm not as nervous.  But I'm sure those feelings will return in  the morning as I walk through the doors again.  Praying for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment