Saturday just added to it with a little family cook-out.
I always love to see my kids get loved on a little.
Chomping into some juicy watermelon was a favorite for Madison and Austin.
Chomping into some juicy watermelon was a favorite for Madison and Austin.
Ok, so they got loved on more than a little. It was actually a ton.
I really love our family. I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving group of people.
Monday was deemed Daddy/daughter day, so Brad and Madison went to Six Flags for the day. I would have loved to see Madison love on her Daddy all day. She adores him, and I'm sure she spent the whole day with an "I love Daddy" glow permeating from every part of her little body. I know Brad spent the day spoiling and loving his little girl.
Monday was deemed Daddy/daughter day, so Brad and Madison went to Six Flags for the day. I would have loved to see Madison love on her Daddy all day. She adores him, and I'm sure she spent the whole day with an "I love Daddy" glow permeating from every part of her little body. I know Brad spent the day spoiling and loving his little girl.
Austin, Kamdyn, and I had a layed back day. We watched movies, because that is Austin's favorite thing to do right now. Later, we took a walk, but Austin's was more like a ride.
So many times, I have been that frazzled mom running in two different directions trying to round her kids up when it is time to leave. Looking, I'm sure, like a complete fool as I threaten under my breathe,"You just wait until we get to the car." But today, my friends, was NOT one of those days. Today was a triumphant day. We put down the sand toys that have so kindly been donated to stay at the sand box. We exited the playground. And we walked with ease to the car. It truly was a glorious triumph. After a quick stop at the craft store and the grocery store, we were running pretty late on our usual time to have lunch and nap. But I couldn't help but agree to a quick dip in the pool after lunch. Especially when they had been so good at the playground, and Madison very politely, with a "Please, Mommy"- and not the whiny, nagging kind, but the sweet "Please, Mommy."- asked if they could go swimming. So I let them jump in a couple of times. If it hadn't already been a day for triumphs, it was now, because double score, they got right out of the pool with no problem. Those kind of things just make my day.
But Wednesday was probably my favorite day of all. We had a play date at the park with a friend. I had some time to chat with a friend while our kids played most of the time in the giant sand box.
Everything about it was just a calm, relaxing time.
So many times, I have been that frazzled mom running in two different directions trying to round her kids up when it is time to leave. Looking, I'm sure, like a complete fool as I threaten under my breathe,"You just wait until we get to the car." But today, my friends, was NOT one of those days. Today was a triumphant day. We put down the sand toys that have so kindly been donated to stay at the sand box. We exited the playground. And we walked with ease to the car. It truly was a glorious triumph. After a quick stop at the craft store and the grocery store, we were running pretty late on our usual time to have lunch and nap. But I couldn't help but agree to a quick dip in the pool after lunch. Especially when they had been so good at the playground, and Madison very politely, with a "Please, Mommy"- and not the whiny, nagging kind, but the sweet "Please, Mommy."- asked if they could go swimming. So I let them jump in a couple of times. If it hadn't already been a day for triumphs, it was now, because double score, they got right out of the pool with no problem. Those kind of things just make my day.
I would say it was near perfect day unless I were to mention the little instance at the store where Austin snuck two pieces of felt and a toy horse into the stroller without me realizing it until I got to the car. But Madison made a quick run back inside and handed them to the lady that was standing at the door and the problem was solved. So I won't even mention that.
Great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment