Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's funny how we can spend an entire day at home, but I just feel like we have so much going on.  Laundry, crafts, meals, preschool worksheets, phone calls, and before you know it, the day is gone. 
So in between all of that we fit in wagon rides through the neighborhood.





And games of red light, green light



Followed by some swinging





I love it how he says thank you without being asked and how he says, "Gib me a figh fibe" after he does something good.



And I love it how she can find a lonely flower no matter where she is.



I was putting Austin to bed tonight, and I thought I would take the opportunity to pick his brain a little.  So I asked him how he can be kind to Madison and he said, "Share da toyses."  Since he adds "ses" to the end of any word that's plural.  Then, I asked him how he can be kind to Mommy and this time he said, "Share."  When I tried to continue the conversation, he looked up at me with his big blues and said, "SSSSSSS!", made a snorting noise, and said, "I seepin"  in his whisper voice which is really a raspy yell, trying to whisper, but let's face it, boy doesn't know how to be quiet.  It's so like him to not focus on anything serious for too long and move on to the silly as soon as possible.  There's someone else I know who is that same way.  That was one of the big things that attracted me to Brad.  He just makes me smile, makes me happy.

On a whim, I decided that we need to have a special candle light dinner, complete with my grandmother's china and crystal glasses.  I thought for about two seconds about giving the kids one of my grandmother's plates.  But I decided not to risk letting them crash into a thousand pieces on the floor.  They still knew it was special, though.  "Who's birthday is it, Mommy." 









We're just celebrating life and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment