Sunday, October 24, 2010

road trip and more birthday party

We were road trippin this weekend.  We traveled through 5 states.  And although it's not always easy as a family of 6 with 3 kids under the age of 5, we did pretty good. 



Harper's Ferry is gorgeous.  A must see.  I put it on my "Places We Must Go Next Summer" list.







We stopped at a rest stop to stretch our legs.  The sun was setting and had turned to it's golden color.  It peeked it's sunny rays around the trees and lay in hand picked spots.  The kids ran and played.  It was a much needed stop.





After the big boys went out for the night and all of the little ones were in bed, my sister in law and I sat down, watched Food Network and talked for a while.  I really enjoyed talking with her, and she gave me some insight to some things that I hadn't really thought about.  I was trying to explain to her how I had this dream for my girls that one day they would get married and be able to have children.  The amazing ability and strength for a woman to carry and have a baby is just empowering, uplifting, life changing.  And then, to fall in love with that baby and love them unconditionally.  That love is pure and special, like no other.  And for that baby to love you back with no conditions.  They just love you, because you are who you are.  That to me is breath taking.  I guess that is what I wanted my girls to feel.

But my sister in law, very wisely, pointed out to me that maybe that's how I found that kind of love, but that won't be how Kamdyn needs to find it.  Kadmyn will see everyone through eyes of purity and love.  She will love people just for who they are, and I have already seen that other people will love her back that same way.  She will feel that love that I so wanted her to have.  But she'll have it magnified and multiplied.  Who knows, maybe we will all wish we could have what she has.

Ellie's birthday party:


Madison stayed close, making sure not to get too far from us.



We finally found an activity that can get Austin's energy out.  He had a blast.
He just ran and didn't look back.






I couldn't keep up with Madison.





Stopping for dinner on the way home.  What's a road trip without Cracker Barrel?




Kamdyn just started eating solids.  And she loves sweet potatoes.


 We had a great weekend celebrating my little niece's birthday and spending it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment