The first ornament we got as a married couple. We learned who we really were. And I love who he is.
The one we got while I was pregnant with Madison. I was barely showing by Christmas, but I couldn't wait to have a baby belly. Everything about being pregnant was magic. Madison remembers this one now and looks forward to being able to put it on the tree.
Madison's first Christmas ornament that Aunt Meredith made for her. I love hand made things. That it was made just for her is very special.
I was as pregnant as can be on Christmas of 2007. All I wanted was to make it through Christmas without being in the hospital. I breathed a sigh of relief when I went to bed on Christmas night, and I had made it through the day, even though I was swollen, sore, and miserable. I didn't have to wait much longer, because Austin was born the next day. Now we get to celebrate a little longer because of his birthday.
Austin was pretty much a year old when he had his first Christmas. He is a Christmas gift.
Last year, when I was missing my babies like crazy while I was working, Madison made me this ornament. I'll always remember that year with all of it's challenges, and how it taught me to be thankful for every moment that I have with them.
Now, here we are, with another year almost behind us. I think that this year has been my favorite. One day, I'll unwrap an ornament back from 2010, and I will remember it as the year that changed my life. The year I was given the best gift I've ever received.
Getting a decent picture isn't always easy. Sometimes it takes a whole lot of goofy and out takes before you can capture a good one.
They fight over who gets to hold Kamdyn. So I'm sure this was Madison's attempt to still have the upper hand on the situation even though she's not the one holding her. And Austin squeezing her just a little tighter to let her know that he's not giving up without a fight. And poor, Kamdyn, looks thrilled over the whole situation.
Those are angry eyes, I believe.
Are they all looking? Can it be? Be still, my heart. I better write it down, it may never happen again.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
















No comments:
Post a Comment