Tuesday, December 28, 2010

3 years and 2 days later




So, here I am.  The after Christmas let down.  Every year it hits me, like a ton of bricks.  Life goes from the mountain top of excitement, togetherness, and family memories to the lull that comes after.  I think that may be one reason that God sent us Austin the day after Christmas.  We have one more day to live it up and celebrate.  And I loved celebrating him.

I still remember like it was yesterday that day 3 years ago when he was born.  I cried tears of joy, of course. There's no other way to describe it, other than to say that he stole my heart.  My little blue-eyed boy just robbed my heart, and I love him to the moon.  

 His early days could be described with constant eating and no sleeping for mama.  I perfected the art of survival mode, just trying to get sleep any way I could.  I drank coffee like it was water, and I slept sitting up with him on my chest.  But it was all worth it, so worth it. 

The biggest thing I remember about Austin as a baby was just how sweet and happy he was.  He was always smiling.  It's funny how that has stayed with him, because he is the same way now.  He loves to make people laugh and be silly, even if it's while he's sitting at the dinner table and mommy tells him to eat.  He would much rather get a laugh out of his big sister by making bathroom noises or feeding the dog.

Anyone with a 2 or 3 year old will tell you that it's not always smiles and laughs. There's temper tantrums and fights with siblings, but those are easy to forget. There may be screams over desperately wanting candy or that cup of juice RIGHT NOW, but Austin makes them easy to forget. When he looks at me with those blue eyes, blue like a summer sky, and says, "But I love you," all is well. Brad makes fun of me, because he says the boy has got me.  And he does.  He has me. 



He loves his baby sister.  When he gets near her, it's like there is a magnetic force that forces him to put his face against hers.  He gets so filled with love and bubbling over with excitement that he grinds his teeth and his body shutters.  To say that he love his baby sister is an understatement.




He loves to smile...............................................................................


He loves to eat spaghetti..........................................................................




He loves trains...........................................................


He loves to give hugs............................................................


He loves to be loud, crazy, and silly................................................


Did I mention that he loves his baby sister................................................?




He loves Buzz Lightyear....................................................................

And I love him.  What I have for him is just all love. 
3 years and two days later, Happy Birthday Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment