We're country folk, for sure. Maybe not country bumpkin' folk, but country folk, nonetheless. The city has a charm, an excitement, an energy that is palpable. I'm not saying I could handle the crowds or the hustle and bustle every day, but it's an exciting change of scenery from our usual.
Some of the out of the ordinary things that we saw:
*Elaborate window displays:
*Sponge Bob hanging out on the corner:
*$25,000 Foosball table:
....................................just to name a few.
We walked through Time Square:
We saw where the New Year's ball drops:
Way on top of that building. We always thought it was bigger.
In the Disney store:
In Toys R Us:
Guess what the big Barbie house is full of? That's right, Barbies. I've never seen so many Barbies in one place. Hey, I told you: country folk.
made of Lego's
Home of the Rockettes:
The big Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center:
The amount of people who are interested in this tree and standing around it is almost more impressive than the actual tree. You can get an idea for how many people are there in the picture below. It was shoulder to shoulder crowd in that entire area where the tree and the ice skating rink are.Famous cathedral (that I can't remember the name anymore), but it was very pretty:
When I took this next picture, Brad said, "What's that?" like I was going to explain some world famous monument.
My response was, "I don't know. A naked guy holding a big ball." When you're in New York City, you just want to take pictures of stuff, whatever it is.
Brad was really excited to go inside...............................
.................................................Trump Tower
He likes the show The Apprentice, so he thought it was cool.
FAO Schwartz:
Home of the.............................
The line to play on the Big Piano was INSANE. We had to muscle our way through just to get close enough to take these couple of pictures. Crowded doesn't even do it justice.
When we walked through Time Square again, it was starting to get dark, and they were testing the ball drop.
We actually watched it drop, and the 2012 lit up and all. Now we can say that we have witnessed the ball dropping in Time Square.
By this time, the streets were packed, and it was literally shoulder to shoulder. Masses of people trying to cross the street at once. We were relieved that we didn't decide to bring the kids during all of this. Can we say panic attack for Mommy? I would like for the kids to see the city and the Statue of Liberty and all that, but if we do, it will not be around this time.
That about sums it up. Great trip. Thank you, honey : )

























It looks like you guys had a great trip! I have never been to the big ole' NYC myself and would love to go someday! For now, I will live through your pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a good time. Next time you come, you should tell me :) If you wanna come to an outer borough with not so many crowds, but just as much to see & do, let me know. We can have Nathan's for lunch. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd it's St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Jennifer, I will do that. Another mom from BC said the same thing a while back, but this trip was so last minute and a surprise. If we take the kids, it will have to be a planned trip, so I'd know ahead of time.
ReplyDeleteKarrie- bus trips are easy and a great way to spend a day in the city. They do the driving, and you get most of a full day (8 hours) for us. Jennifer- I took my oldest son to Broolyn this past summer to Coney Island. Loved it, and ate Nathan's for lunch!! Looking forward to the next set of changes coming to the boardwalk. Tricia- I had a great time with you in NY. I would not have changed a thing. Love you. Brad
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures in this post :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! New York City is so much fun!
ReplyDelete