Remember this face?......................
If you can't see it in her eyes, baby girl was miserable, and this mama was worried. But she seems to be recovering nicely, and even in the midst of being sick, she was still scrappy enough to do this.........
You can't keep this kid down!
The day after she got the antibiotic shot, we could already tell a difference, because her eyes and nose actually weren't boogered shut when she woke up in the morning. She's been steadily improving, on day 5 of oral antibiotics. Probiotics are amazing by the way! Use them. You will be happy.
What else has been going on?
Madison is pressing forward with her kindergarten studies. She is picking up reading so well and reading words that even surprise me at times.
Austin continues his preschool learning. I was starting to wonder what I was doing wrong a few months ago, but one day, during a friendly game of animal alphabet bingo, he started rattling off the names of all the letters, and I realized that maybe some of this stuff was sinking in after all. Look at those "J"s! Pretty impressive!
When I knew that Kamdyn was really sick, and even if she didn't get worse (which she did), we were going to be stuck inside for a while, I popped into the library one day, ducked up to the Teen section (that's right, I'm cool like that), and grabbed first of the Twilight Saga books off the shelf. I know what you're thinking, but don't judge. I wasn't convinced either when my girlfriends kept telling me I had to read them. I mean it's not like a group of my girlfriends and I get together and watch the Twilight movies together and then go the the midnight showings at the movie theater when they come out. Oh wait, we did. But like I said, don't judge. A stay at home mom has to get her kicks somehow. Don't worry, I'm not joining the fan club or taping Edward posters to my walls. Anyway, so back to the books. I read the first one in record time, and I was on a roll from there.
I read all 4 books, the first three 500-600 pages each, and the last about 750 pages, in about a week. You'd be surprised at the things you can do while reading a book: while making dinner, while eating dinner, "Hey, kids! Wanna watch a movie!" (so Mommy can read), playing at the playground, the possibilities are endless. The kids actually cheered when I told them I was finished. So I guess I can go back to reality now. It gave me little escape from the end of winter that is hanging on and the lingering illnesses that have been over-staying their welcome. Now, I am ready to squish this Winter up into a tight, smooth ball, and throw into the ocean as far as my strength can force. And I might just get a chance to do that, since we're going on vacation to the beach at the end of the month. I'll let you know how that works out for me.
A sky like this.................
promises that Spring is just around the corner.







Hahaha! We aren't so crazy after all, huh? On to the Hunger Games!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your little one is feeling better! She is just so sweet! Love your blog! This is my first visit!!
ReplyDeleteI need to borrow the Hunger Games, because there's a waiting list at the library.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting 5boysand1gilrmake6!
Ha ha! Was just going to suggest Hunger Games. I actually have my husband reading it and I think he's read only 1 novel in the almost 9 years we've been together! Twilight is fun. And I've been thinking about Kamdyn and glad she's feeling better!
ReplyDeleteGlad she is feeling better! Those shots are amazing aren't they?
ReplyDeleteNo judgement here - I did the exact same thing with the book then followed up by watching all the available movies in one weekend.
Awww she looks like nothing will keep her down! Glad she is feeling better. Never had one of those or used the probiotics either, have to keep them both in mind!
ReplyDeleteGlad Kamdyn is feeling better! I can't wait until Ben starts getting into drawers and cupboards:) I've let Colin play on his own many times because 1 was emotionally involved in a book!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad the kids are doing better and I loved the pictures of Kamdyn getting into everything. :) I don't know how you can get into those books! ;) Fabulous, aren't they? Have a great week, and I can't wait until your sweet faces are back at church!
ReplyDelete