Monday, May 7, 2012

Carnival Birthday Party (Madison's 6th and Kamdyn's 2nd bday party)


The grand entrance.



One of the goals for this party was to load up every one else's kids on as much junk as possible.  I think that goal was well accomplished. 




Brad bought me this cotton candy maker while were dating, because I love cotton candy.  It was messy and only makes one serving at a time, but it got the job done, so it was worth it.


Besides, candy, popcorn, cotton candy, and chips, we had hot dogs and home-made funnel cakes too. (Hint:  make sure your oil is super hot, or the batter will clump together)

And for games.....................

We had a couple of ball toss games:
My Dad made another ball toss game out of a piece of plywood that has holes in it, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

Climbing tunnel:

Roller coaster:

Apparently, it's really fun to stand on and go down backwards, because that's what all the kids were doing.

Moon bounce: (Thanks Jodi, for letting us borrow your moon bounce!)

Another climbing tent tunnel:

Grab a floating animal game:
The idea was to pick an animal, and then get a lollipop that matched it's color, but Madison decided to use the lollipops for another game.





I would say that this is Kamdyn's boyfriend, except that he's a busy, mobile toddler and is way to on-the-go for Miss Kamdyn right now.  That, and the fact that they are only 2 and really can't have a boyfriend.  But I'm sure he'll wake up one day and be smitten.  (Wanna' be in-laws, John and Anna?)

This fish game was a huge hit:
A couple of days before the party, we bought a bunch of feeder goldfish.  But they apparently only have a couple day life expectancy, because they kept ending up belly-up.  My mother-in-law saved the day and brought a bag of fish.  The kids ended up being way more interested in the fish than the game. 




And of course, presents:





A roller coaster cake:









Popsicles:

Goody bags:

Whenever I do goody bags, I forget to give them out, and I end up chasing people down to give them or giving them to my kids.  To relieve myself of having to remember to give them out, I laid them out on the driveway, girl bags on one side, boy bags on the other and marked the sides with sidewalk chalk.  Worked like a charm.

And for all of you Photobucket users out there, I have a quick question.  Can you really not make a collage with their new setup, or am I missing something?  I wanted to use collages for a lot of these pictures, but I couldn't find it.  If you can't make them anymore, I only have one thing to say about that,

Talk to the hand, Photobucket!
Haha.  That's my mother-in-law.  She apparently did not want her picture taken. 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast!! Happy birthday to both kids.

    P.S. I do believe Sean may have to have this kind of party this year :) Looks super fun & relatively easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun to do. I love planning parties. This was a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did putting that together. So cute and such good ideas. I love the roller coaster cake (and the roller coaster too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! What great ideas your girls look like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looked awesome!! My kids would have went nuts over the fish game! Looked like it was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The party looks like it was a complete success . . . and a whole lot of fun! I use photo bucket, but I haven't switched over to the new platform. What a pain if you cannot make collages any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Kamdyn and Madison! I'm so impressed with their party. Can we come next year?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. They had SO much fun. I wish you all could come next year : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great party!!! Happy Birthday Kamdyn and Madison!!! :)

    ReplyDelete