Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother's Day prayer

Lord,

I remember when my first baby was born.  I happily changed her diaper.  I took pleasure in washing and folding and putting away her clothes.  Because all of those tasks were a reminder of this new and awesome blessing that I had always wanted be:  a Mommy.  So Lord, when I reluctantly do that laundry or begrudgingly wash those dishes, help me to remember that those clothes are what those little bodies wear and those dishes are what those little mouths are fed with.  And those bodies and mouths don't belong to me.  They are yours.  But you have let them be mine for a short time, that I may teach them, nurture them, and grow together with them, as you use them to teach me.  And all too soon, I will have to let them go and give them back to you.  I can't make make every moment memorable, but I can make memories with them.  I can't always protect them from everything, but I can teach them about You so that they will always know where to turn when life's trials come.  I can't make their decisions for them, but I can make sure they always know that their Mommy will love them no matter what.  Thank you for blessing me with the most important job in all the world.

Just a few years ago when I was a Mommy of one:


Only a few things have changed:














     
 



















Happy Mother's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures...Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete