Tuesday, September 25, 2012

She walks. Enter Hallelujah Chorus!

Kamdyn took her first step on September 3. There was a juice box sitting on a coffee table. She stood up and took one step to get it. We were pretty shocked. Since then, she's been getting more comfortable and taking more steps. She prefers walking to certain people over others.


This is the most steps she has taken to date:




Strangely enough, I haven't shed one tear over her first steps. When Kamdyn was smaller, I once saw someone say that their child walked, and their reaction was, "Finally!" 

I guess that's a little of what I am feeling.  It's been a long time coming.  I feel more like, "Shew! Now we're getting somewhere" than like crying.  Plus, having 2 kids prior, I know that the progression from first step to walking takes time too. 

Tonight, at Madison's soccer practice, Kamdyn was playing with a little friend of hers, who is about the same age.  I could see how much she was motivated by seeing her friend walk.  She even got up a couple of times and tried. 

Life is going to change a lot when she is full-fledged walker, but I'm ready.

8 comments:

  1. Go Kamdyn Go! She is doing so well, mama bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man she looks so beautiful waddling around like that! She just popped right up and got going! So happy she's making such progress. And just to say... today Cora took her first very assisted "steps". As in, while held under her armpits, she moved her feet to walk forward. For some reason this was so huge to me, that I laughed and cried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally cry-worthy, Leah. I kind of shocked myself. In my head, I'm thinking, "What, no tears!?" But nope, none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! She's such a cutie! So excited for all of you. I think I will say, "Finally" and have lots of tears (because then maybe I won't be carrying her for the next 5 years!)

    ReplyDelete