Thursday, October 3, 2013

Things not to say series (31 for 21)

Some people may be shocked by this one, but you would be surprised to know how many times people have said this to me.

It usually starts with a conversation that goes something like this:
Stranger says to me: "Does she have Downs?" 
Me:  "Yes, she has Down syndrome."

And then, bam!

#3

Don't say:

"Well, she's cute anyway."

I'm telling you people, I can't make this stuff up.  I know they don't mean anything by it.  They are trying to say something nice.  Some people would say that you shouldn't ask in the first place, because it's nun' ya'. You know, nun' ya' business.  I don't mind if people ask me though, because I know people are curious, and I would rather Kamdyn be acknowledged than ignored.  But maybe, just maybe, we should think out our responses a little better if we are going to ask.  Just sayin'

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that And then the opposite as we'll. "Downs babies are so cute". Gah!

    ReplyDelete