This post is for the 3 on the 21st: A Blog Hop. I'm very proud of myself for getting in on the time this time too! I always want to but miss it.
3 things: a truth, a tip, and a picture (but I'm going to cheat on the picture).
Truth: Babies, children, and adults with Down syndrome are more likely to face certain medical conditions. After attending a session with Dr. Brian Skotko at the NDSC convention a couple of years ago, I wrote an Overview of Health Issues for People with Down syndrome. Check it out.
Tip: Don't let that list intimidate you. People with Down syndrome are all so different. Some will face many health issues, or maybe just many at a certain period in their life (like needing open heart surgery as a baby) but be perfectly healthy after that. Some may face hardly any. I feel like Kamdyn is in the middle of that. She's had a little bit of a lot of things, but so far nothing super serious. So take it for what it is: being aware. Be aware and have a basic knowledge of things, so you know what to look for, but don't worry. Everything will be ok.
Picture: (I can't do just one!)
Dorothy and Toto on Halloween:


No comments:
Post a Comment