Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blog Hop: My Connection to Disability

I wrote a post with the same title about 2 years ago about my best friend's sister, who was also my step-son's aunt.  If you missed that one, you can check it out HERE.

Everything I wrote there still rings true.  Tracey introduced me to disability.

Now I have Kamdyn, and I feel permanently tied to this thing we call "disability".  I want to know more about it.  I want to fight for it.  I want to change the world for it.  I want to change other people's perception of it.  I don't see disability as a negative thing any more.  It's a part of life.  And I am proud to be a small part of it.  

I like how Meriah often refers to it as a "tribe".  Because it is.  Down syndrome brings us together.  It connects us and gives us a common goal and interest.  I like that.

And for Kamdyn, it makes her an automatic member of a community.  And a pretty awesome community, at that.



If you don't already know.  This is Kamdyn.  She is 4 years old.  And I love being her Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. She's adorable. And you're right, life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete