Once we hit August, we go crazy with the birthdays around here. We celebrated Justus' 14th birthday. I remember holding him when he was a baby and playing with him when he was Austin and Madison's ages. It's hard to believe he is 14. It also reminds me how amazing our God is, that He used Justus to bring Brad and I together.
There were happy babes, smiling faces, and, of course, CAKE. I love birthday cake. I'm not picky these days either. As long as the icing is not whipped, I'm good. Give me the sugary butter cream. We've done ice cream cake, homemade spice cake, chocolate with white icing, chocolate with chocolate. Mmmmmm, loving it all.
Justus will have 3 brothers and 2 sisters in a few months. And there is no better kid for the job. These little ones are blessed to have such a wonderful big brother. Justus has learned a lot about differences, loss, love, and acceptance throughout his 14 years. I am excited to see how God will use all of those things. Certainly, there are big plans.
After months of leaps and bounds with Kamdyn's development, we've come to a different place. Not a place that's stagnate or still but one that creeps and tip toes. And tip toeing is ok. Tip toeing is gentle and quiet, but ready to leap in any direction whenever the need arises. So we'll just tip toe along until the time comes, and it will. I know it will when she is ready.
Buddy walk post coming your way. And it was a good one.
Yeah for Birthdays! Nothing wrong with tip toeing!
ReplyDelete