Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween craftiness and costumes in the works.

I found this craft on Pinterest(which is addictive I might add).  I could spend hours scrolling through picture after picture of things I'd like to try, make, do.

And this:


was so easy.



I used an almost completely used Yankee candle.  Since the candle is down to the bottom, the light shines through nicely.  All you need is a jar, painters tape for covering the areas for eyes, nose, and mouth, acrylic paint, and a paint brush, and viola:  a cute jack-o-lantern candle.  And when the current candle burns out, I can just plop a votive in it.  I would link to where I found it on Pinterest, but I don't think I'd come back once I was there.  Avoidance is key.

On another note: Halloween costumes.  We usually go the hand-me-down or the Goodwill route.  Last year, we pulled something out of the good old dress-up box for our myriad of Halloween festivities.  This year, Madison and Austin want to be a cowboy and cowgirl, so we are going the semi-home-made route.

I found a tutorial, complete with pattern, for an adorable felt cowboy vest on Pinterest(of course).  We're getting pretty close to having a final product, but here's a sneak peak of the vest:



And here's the materials for Kamdyn's costume:




Hmmmm?  What could that be?


3 comments:

  1. Fun! I am a through-and-through put-your-own costume together girl. Without much sewing. And I love to dress up, so this Halloween making my girlie's first costume is a lot of fun! It'll be exciting to see Kamdyn's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crafts!! I'm always horrible at taking the time to do things like that, even though I know they'd totally be fun and would teach Sammi so much.

    Btw, Terry Brown left a reply to your comment on my blog this morning (the post about reading). :-)

    ReplyDelete