Saturday, December 7, 2013

Be a zebra. But be a colorful one.

I've been doing this December photo challenge on Instagram.  I love Instagram, and I post a photo probably every day.  If you're not following me, I'm @lifeisbeautifulblog   I thought I'd post one of the photos I did for the challenge. 

When Kamdyn was a baby, she got this book as a gift. It's called The Rainbow Zebra.  At the time she got this book, I was still fearful about her future.  I was fearful about her being different, because she has Down syndrome. As time has gone one, I no longer fear her being different.  Now, I say, Be different! Be yourself! Be your own rainbow!

4 things that this book brings to mind that I hope Kamdyn and all of my children learn:  different is not less, all life has value, value is not based on abilities, and disability is a natural part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment